About the event
What is Marathon in a Month?
This July, we are asking you to complete the distance of a marathon across 31 days. You can walk, jog or run it, just complete 42km before 31 July.
How do I take part?
1. Register for your free place
2. Create your own personal fundraising page
3. Ask your friends, family and colleagues to support you
4. Record your kilometres by connecting your fundraising page to Strava or updating manually
If you have any issue signing up please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I complete Marathon in a Month?
You decide! The beauty of Marathon in a Month is you can choose to clock up your kilometers on the way to work, in your local park, whatever suits you – but of course, while staying safe.
Is there a registration fee?
No! Marathon in a Month is completely free for everyone who takes part.
Can I walk, jog or run?
Yes! This is your Marathon in a Month - you decide how you get to that finish line. Take on Marathon in a Month in a way that’s a challenge to you.
Can we take part as a team?
Yes, this can be a team of friends, family or colleagues. When you register, you can create a team or join one if it’s already been set up.
If you’re in charge of setting up the team:
- Create a name for your team while you’re registering
- Once you’ve finished your registration and have secured your own team page, use the “Invite Members” button on your team page to send email invitations to your friends and family
If someone else has set up the team, just search for the team name when you’re registering and you’ll be automatically connected once you complete your registration.
I want to sign my company up to take part.
You can sign up your company as a team following the steps mentioned above.
If you have any questions you can contact our Corporate Team directly at email@example.com
How do I set up my online fundraising page?
As part of your registration for the Marathon in a Month you will automatically receive an online fundraising page with JustGiving.
What is JustGiving?
JustGiving is the online fundraising platform supporting Marathon in a Month. Using JustGiving is safe and secure. Once you register, a Marathon in a Month online supporter page will automatically be set up for you.
Are there downloadable fundraising materials?
Yes. You can find our downloadable materials here.
How do I pay in sponsorship money?
Please ask your family and friends to sponsor you via your Marathon in a Month supporter page. Funds given this way are forwarded to the Irish Cancer Society automatically. If you have any offline donations, you can choose to pay this in a way that best suits you.
- You can lodge the funds online here
- Call 0818 10 20 30 and one of our team can take your donation over the phone.
- Post us a cheque to Irish Cancer Society, 43/45 Northumberland Road, Dublin 4. Please ensure the cheque is made payable to the Irish Cancer Society.
Money from your fundraising page is sent to the Irish Cancer Society on a monthly basis.
How do I link my fitness app to my JustGiving page?
Linking your app to your page is easy, just follow the steps here
My company has a matched giving programme, how do I get support with my application?
If your company has a matched gift programme and you need any documentation to support an application, please contact the Corporate Partnerships Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.